While looking for an easy doughnut recipe I came across something better, cronuts, a doughnut croissant hybrid. So easy to make, these are covered in a tangy sweet Brownes Buttermilk glaze.
list of ingredients
- 5 sheets of store bought puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of rice bran oil (or oil of preference for frying)
- 1/3 cup Brownes Buttermilk
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1. Defrost puff pastry sheets
- 2. Whisk egg until yolk and egg white are combined
- 3. Brush the top of each sheet of pastry with egg
- 4. Layer pastry sheets one on top of the other
- 5. Cut out doughnut shape using a cookie cutter or glass, and smaller of the same to cut out the holes.
- 6. Return to the freezer for approximately 15 minutes
- 7. In a large frying pan heat oil at a medium heat until bubbling
- 8. Remove pastry from freezer and fry on each side for one minute or until golden brown
- 9. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil and cool
- 10. To make the glaze simply mix the Brownes Buttermilk with icing sugar and drizzle over the top of the cronuts
REGION : CERRADO
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content
settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design
settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the mo