Brownes Dairy is Western Australia’s oldest, and most iconic dairy company. Established in 1886, we are a family household name, and have been in operation for over 133 years.
Brownes Dairy was started by Edward Browne as a small dairy farm in what is now Shenton Park.
Today Brownes Dairy operates from its main site in Balcatta and owns a second site in Brunswick, collecting over 150 million litres of milk each year from over 50 dairy farms in WA’s South West.
With a diverse portfolio of delicious dairy and other products including white milk, cream, yoghurt, flavoured milk, juice and desserts, our innovation kitchen bustles with activity, working on what we can do next!
We have big hearts and prioritise quality in our products, safety in the workplace and the well-being of our employees. We’ve been doing what we do best for over 130 years, and we’ll keep going for a long time yet.
A history of innovation
We pride ourselves on being an adaptive and innovative organisation. In 2017 we were a recipient of the AFR ‘Top 50 Most Innovative Companies’, the latest example in a long line of innovative achievements:
- Pioneered pasteurised milk in 1949;
- Launched WA’s first chocolate milk in 1951;
- Introduced Yoghurt to WA in 1959;
- Production of feta cheese and sour cream products in the 1970s, and
- Developed modified milks in the 1980s & 1990s.
Responsibility in the community
We have received an enormous amount of love and support from the WA community, and it’s that support that keeps us going as a company. It’s for this reason that we constantly strive to find ways that we can give back to the community, including:
- Our School Tours program;
- Being a responsible and sustainable producer;
- Developing environmental policies to manage our waste and carbon footprint;
- Regularly donating product for events, groups and organisations; and
- Supporting community organisations like Foodbank and Ozharvest.
There’s so much more!
Below you’ll find links to just some of the things to know about us, and we encourage you to explore the rest of our website and find out what makes us who we are.
Otherwise get in touch! We’d love to hear from you.